Washington, DC (Remote during COVID-19 restrictions)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
Check out our sizzle reel!
JPA is currently searching for a bright and ambitious Account Supervisor. The successful candidate will have proven expertise in Scientific Communications / Medical Affairs Communications, including publications planning and execution, evidence dissemination activities, advisory boards, and Medical Science Liaison communication tools. In this role, the AS will help biotech companies leverage communications to navigate the emerging regulatory environment, engage with key stakeholders and help bring the vast promise of their discoveries to patients.
Prior agency experience: (4 – 5 years)
A strong writing ability
Media relations experience
Experience interacting with clients
Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communications
The Account Supervisor (AS) is responsible for day-to-day account operations. The AS builds positive, lasting client relationships by ensuring we achieve the brands marketing objectives and provide a memorable client experience, while operating efficiently in order to meet financial goals.
- Lead the strategic direction of data and corporate milestones
- Press release development
- Provide constant, positive contact with key clients, keeping the client informed of account activity through accurate and timely written reports
- Demonstrates a complete working knowledge of and passion for the client’s category, competition, brand, and business goals
- Work with client and agency colleagues to develop marketing strategies and tactical plans.
- Ensure the client and their needs/strategies are thoroughly understood within the agency
- Understand the agency offering and capabilities thoroughly. Ensures that proper resources are put against jobs and identifies opportunities for new engagements, services, or projects.
- Participate in relevant industry forums and establish a reputation and network within the wider marketing communications industry
- Effectively manages the production of client assignments and deliverables, assuring on-time error-free delivery
- Keeping senior management briefed on account activities and financial status
- Foster client understanding of the agency’s needs and perspective; understands, communicates and advocates the agency point-of-view.
- Actively training and helping junior account team members achieve peak performance; anticipate/address performance issues quickly and directly
- Participate (Lead) proposal development and sales / proposal presentations
- Administers client budgets based on accurate estimating and tracking of hours, out-of-pocket expenses, and reconciliation against estimates
- Raises client awareness when changes in direction affect cost
- Thorough knowledge of contract and its implications. Sound decision making regarding hours dedicated to jobs, what to prioritize.
- Thorough knowledge of all basic financial tools necessary to account management
- Story-telling, communications, and presentation skills
- Outstanding client service & relationship building
- Strategic thinking and marketing acumen
- Leadership & mentoring qualities
- The successful candidate will have proven expertise in Scientific Communications / Medical Affairs Communications, including publications planning and execution, evidence dissemination activities, advisory boards and Medical Science Liaison communication tools
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 4 years of agency-side marketing experience
- At least 2 years of experience marketing to patients and/or healthcare professionals
- Previous experience managing one or more direct reports
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate across a multi-disciplinary brand team
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to present ideas to brand teams and clients
- Experience working on digital projects or accounts with strong digital focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Required)
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, and London England, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.