JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications and advocacy agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech and wellness to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, and we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is currently searching for an Account Director to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned project manager, have a strong work ethic, and be able to work well with and lead a team. The successful candidate for this role is a strategist and execution lead with experience in communications and social marketing campaigns for federal health agencies such as HHS, CDC, SAMHSA, NIH, and FDA, among others.
- Lead account teams and oversee day-to-day account work and projects across JPA’s federal government and nonprofit portfolio.
- Oversee all project management, reporting, contracting, and financial/budget requirements; assume responsibility for meeting all project deliverables.
- Guide primary and secondary research, including reviewing research instruments and working with JPA’s research team to apply research findings to communication campaigns.
- Work with JPA’s in-house creative and production team to develop messages, creative concepts, and other communications products. Oversee production of creative materials and associated products.
- Develop integrated dissemination strategies, including paid and earned media, thought leadership, marketing, and digital/social strategies.
- Review and produce high-quality written content and demonstrate proficiency in all types of communications writing. Provide feedback to project teams on written products.
- Act as a liaison between client, subcontractors, vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., coalitions, healthcare providers, media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups).
- Help drive new business pipeline by identifying and leveraging opportunities for organic growth, as well as working on new business leads and RFPs.
- Lead the development and submission of technical and business proposals in response to federal health project opportunities.
- Demonstrate sound fiscal management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects and monthly forecasting of staff time across projects.
- Collaborate and partner with senior team members at JPA on client programs and agency-wide initiatives.
- Supervise staff, including supporting professional development and mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 7+ years of relevant experience leading health communications projects.
- Experience managing projects for federal health communications projects for agencies such as CDC, NIH, HRSA and/or SAMHSA.
- Knowledge of public health and topics such as mental health, suicide prevention, substance use and chronic or infectious disease.
- Experience working with and communicating to public health audiences and professionals, as well as the general public.
- Proven track-record managing integrated social marketing and public awareness campaigns, including overseeing formative research, product development and testing, dissemination, and evaluation activities.
- Previous experience managing, supervising, or mentoring others.
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for public health communications.
- Experience with business development activities including capture work and proposal preparation.
More About JPA Health
JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, a robust learning and development program for all employees, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.