JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications, and advocacy agency for clients exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. Some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, clients, and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
Checkout our sizzle reel!
JPA Health is looking for an experienced Project Manager to support key health communications projects across its federal government portfolio. This position is responsible for project execution, process development and improvement, budget management, and resource management across the agency. Our Project Managers help to assemble and lead interdisciplinary teams, ensure adherence to workflow, schedules and budgets, and deliver with excellence for our clients.
– Manages $2MM-$5MM medium-to-high complexity federal health communications projects from start-to-finish across a range of multi-channel project engagements.
– Develops accurate and comprehensive budget estimates and project schedules for complex projects and programs.
– Owns client project budgets and works with the Project Director to manage costs and deliverables, as well as staffing resources.
– Owns project management/workflow system data entry and reporting.
– Facilitates daily/weekly status meetings and creates status documentation for internal and external participants, as needed, ensuring all parties are kept abreast of action items, feedback, next steps.
– Develops timelines for multichannel projects including timing for each step of the development process.
– Mobilizes and drives project teams towards forward progress, action and results.
– Acts as a subject-matter expert and best practice champion for JPA’s project delivery processes; shares knowledge, explains processes and creates awareness across the agency.
– Works closely with each contract’s Project Director; mentors, trains, and may directly supervise junior PM team members; reviews work as needed, estimates and timelines developed by junior team members.
– Facilitates monthly review of financial health reports and provides recommendations to support budget management, forecasting and resource management.
– Acts as project lead and liaison with vendors as necessary.
– Bachelor’s degree in communication, health, business
administration or a related field.
– PMP Certification preferred.
– Knowledge of Health and Human Services contracts with
agencies such as CDC, NIH, HRSA and/or SAMHSA,
– Knowledge of key elements involved in health
communications projects, including research, strategy
development, implementation, and evaluation.
– Knowledge of general project management principles.
– Ability to ensure project activities, reports, and deliverables
are completed on time and on budget.
– Ability to manage multiple workstreams and projects at the
same time with attention to detail.
– Ability to build strong relationships with internal teams
including creative, finance and research.
– Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style of
working and a calm, confident presence.
– Knowledge of MS Teams (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint,
Teams) and experience with web-based project
management tools such as Trello.
– 5+ years of relevant experience in project management
including oversight of budgets, project deliverables and
– Minimum 3 years of related experience managing
HHS-funded contracts, preferably health communication
projects funded by CDC, NIH, HRSA and/or SAMHSA.
More About JPA Health
JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, a robust learning and development program for all employees, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.