Hybrid to Boston/DC applicants
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications, and advocacy agency for clients across the healthcare ecosystem. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. Some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we love our jobs, clients, and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is seeking a Data Science Lead to join our Life Sciences team. We are looking for a talented and experienced Data Scientist to develop and deploy technology-first solutions using advanced statistical methodologies, machine learning (ML) models, and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to drive insights and lead decision making for leading healthcare challenges.
As part of our highly innovative Life Sciences team, the Data Science Lead will report into the VP of Data Sciences and Partnerships and be responsible for designing, implementing and managing healthcare focused solutions that harness vast clinical and real-world data sets, using supervised and unsupervised ML algorithms along with cutting edge and scalable AI technologies to address key challenges for global biotech and pharmaceutical clients.
- Oversee projects involving large scale-multi dimensional databases, complex clinical and business logic, ML/AI capabilities and advanced visualization tools
- Lead processes to optimize clinical and real-world data acquisition, storage and use
- Implement data cleaning and preprocessing pipelines to prepare for analysis and modeling
- Perform predictive modeling, tuning, operationalization, and scalability of healthcare data to inform and establish decision strategies for our clients
- Transform large volumes of data into AI-driven solutions using creative, cutting-edge open-source methods and technologies
- Stay current with advancements in ML/AI and apply state of the art techniques to enhance predictive modeling capabilities
- Formulate mathematical based hypotheses, develop simulation models of key challenges, and lead feature identification across multiple facets of the healthcare space
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary
- Presents the results of predictive modeling and data analysis to healthcare partners and clients
- Identifies and consults with internal and external technical resources to deliver on strategic initiatives
- Provides leadership, technical supervision, and expertise to internal teams as needed
This is a pivotal role for the delivery of data-driven insights and solutions to our trusted healthcare partners and clients. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in data science, statistics, and programming coupled with a passion for applying these skills to solve complex challenges in the Life Science space.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, or a related field.
- At least three (3) year’s experience in applying data science techniques to address healthcare challenges
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python and/or R
- Demonstrated expertise designing and building ML models (regression, classification, decisions trees, clustering, recommender systems, and etc)
- Real world experience with deep learning (LSTM, VAE, and GAN) and large language models using clinical and/or real world data sets
- Experience with researching and building Time Series models (i.e.: forecasting, change-point detection, and gaussian mixture model) for longitudinal analyses
- Demonstrated expertise performing data extraction, transformation and loading into distributed cloud environments
- Experience designing and developing distributed ML systems for massive data sets using map- reduce framework, Hadoop, spark, GPU programming, and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Demonstrated expertise visualizing and analyzing data to gain business insights with Python and/or R using data science Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, and similar capabilities
- A drive to see problems through to their solution with the ability to work around, over, and through roadblocks
- A positive and collaborative attitude to bring all partners together toward new solutions to improve outcomes
More About JPA Health
JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, a robust learning and development program for all employees, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.