JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications and advocacy agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech and wellness to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, and we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is currently searching for a Senior Account Executive to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate for the position will have PR agency or comparable experience supporting federal health communication projects, have a strong work ethic, be a dependable team member, and be able to work well with a large, interdisciplinary team.
The successful candidate for this role is a detail-oriented, organized, and flexible communicator with experience in communications and social marketing campaigns for federal health agencies such as HHS, CDC, SAMHSA, NIH, and FDA, among others.
- Manage day-to-day account work on federal health communication projects across a range of tasks, including but not limited to reporting, formative research, product/materials development, dissemination, earned media, partner outreach/engagement, and evaluation.
- Act as a liaison between client, subcontractors, vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., coalitions, media, advocates, subject matter experts, other interest groups).
- Produce high-quality content and materials for a wide range of digital and print channels and in all types of communications writing.
- Collaborate with JPA’s in-house creative and production team to develop messages, creative concepts, and other communications products.
- Work with JPA’s research team to conduct primary and secondary research and apply findings to communication campaigns and products.
- Support business development efforts, including proposal writing and coordination.
- Contribute to agency-wide initiatives with senior team members at JPA.
- Mentor and support junior staff and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 3-5 years of communications experience, agency experience preferred.
- Experience supporting federal health communications and social marketing projects for federal agencies such as CDC, FDA, NIH, HRSA and/or SAMHSA
- Experience with media relations, crisis communications, and public relations.
- Experience with materials development and partner outreach/engagement a plus.
- Knowledge and interest in public health; experience with mental health, suicide prevention, substance use, and women’s health issues a plus.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand complex health topics and synthesize information for notes, action items, and applied findings.
- Proven writing and communication skills for a variety of different formats.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and professional manner.
More About JPA Health
JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, a robust learning and development program for all employees, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.