Hybrid to Boston/DC applicants
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications and advocacy agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech and wellness to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, and we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is hiring a Senior/Lead Medical Writer to provide research, writing, consulting, and editing expertise for agency and client marketing initiatives.
The Senior/Lead Medical Writer is responsible for developing and delivering original, accurate, high-quality content (manuscripts, slides, and other assignments) within the project specifications, timeline, and budget. As a Senior/Lead Medical Writer, you will be working across several therapy areas to create a range of material, ensuring the language and content is appropriate for the target audience. Your work will be of the highest quality, scientifically accurate and aligned to the relevant brand.
- Develops clear, concise outlines, on-target first drafts, and proactively incorporates data/revisions
- Maintains focus and completes projects in timely manner, meeting project timeline, and staying within budget (assuming project scope does not change)
- Assesses each project to proactively identify areas that will require assistance from others (ie, graphic design, editorial support); elicits help as needed
- Gains comfort in working independently on tough assignments; knows when to ask for help
- Serves as a medical and scientific resource
- Supports the development of scientific strategy for other therapeutic areas for new business and can present this as part of a pitch presentation
- Reviews and revises program content, as needed in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepares speakers for their presentations in a professional manner
- Proactively assists project team; acts as a collaborative team member
- Ensures medical and scientific content are appropriate for HCP and patient audiences
- Enhances clarity and grammatical accuracy of the writing while maintaining the voice/tone/thoughts of external authors
- Experience in a Medical Writing/Scientific Writing role within an agency environment
- Master’s degree level in life sciences, medicine, pharmacy or a related discipline. PharmD/PhD highly preferred
- Proven ability to work under pressure as business needs arise
- Excellent written English (vocabulary and grammar), with good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and awareness skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, specifically Word and PowerPoint
- Understands and has experience of Veeva (this wouldn’t be a daily task!)
- Proficiency in Internet and Reference searches
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application.
More About JPA Health
JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, a robust learning and development program for all employees, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.