Full Time; Washington, DC (Remote during COVID-19 restrictions)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding, and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is currently searching for a bright and ambitious Account Director. The successful candidate will marry healthcare/life science traditional PR/advocacy and creative agency experience, be a self-starter comfortable with rolling up their sleeves, and working to develop new business opportunities, craft client proposals and develop pitches, and serve as task lead on a range of communications campaigns.
- Lead and direct day-to-day account work, which may include: drafting and reviewing a wide range of written materials, leading traditional and social media relations outreach, developing and reviewing client content, including contributed articles, marketing materials, press releases, media pitches and digital/social content
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Direct and manage the execution of PR, marketing and advocacy programs and campaigns, thought-leadership, data communications, patient programs, policy programs, new product launches, events, and other initiatives
- Produce high-quality written content and demonstrate proficiency in all types of communications writing
- Demonstrate sound financial management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects
- Lead the implementation of PR, marketing and advocacy strategy and lead the team on pre-determined aspects of client campaigns
- Significant involvement in new business efforts, including leading research, strategy development and proposal writing, and attending new business pitches
- Supervise staff including professional development and mentoring
- Provide significant client counsel, run client meetings, and provide high-level input on strategy; interacting with senior and C-level executives
- Demonstrate sound financial management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects, and ensuring team billing, staff utilization and revenue targets are met
- Identify client opportunities to grow projects
- Spearhead client strategy planning
- Take ownership over all accounts assigned to team and actively direct team members in client services
- Thoughtfully counsel clients based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback
- Build senior-level relationships with client counterparts through an immersive understanding of their brand, industry, competition, and marketing challenges
- Work with the executive team, ensure the quality of work from JPA is being challenged
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work both independently and as a team
- Understanding of the changing health environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior agency experience: (5 – 8 years)
- Proven media, advocacy relations, PR, strategy and creative marketing skills
- Health communications experience (pharma/biotech, oncology, rare disease experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility, and professional manner
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite,
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communications
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever, and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, and London England, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.