Account Director, Fed Gov (Full-time)
Washington, DC (Hybrid Work Schedule)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications, and advocacy agency for clients ranging from federal health agencies to emerging biotechs to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, clients, and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is currently searching for an Account Director (AD) to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. Our AD will have prior PR agency or comparable experience, be a seasoned and dependable project director who can proactively bring fresh ideas to clients and team and have experience supporting federal health communication and social marketing projects and leading project tasks for federal agencies such as HHS, CDC, SAMHSA, NIH, and FDA, among others. They will also have a strong work ethic, be a dependable team member, and be able to work well with a large, interdisciplinary team.
- Manage day-to-day account work for projects in JPA’s federal government portfolio, leading project tasks, development of key deliverables, and budgets.
- Strategize and support the development and submission of technical and business proposals in response to federal health project opportunities.
- Act as a primary liaison between subcontractors, vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., coalitions, media, advocates, subject matter experts, other interest groups).
- Produce high-quality content and materials for a wide range of digital and print channels and in all types of communications writing.
- Provide constructive and strategic feedback to project teams on written products, project deliverables, and other materials.
- Guide JPA’s in-house creative and production team to develop messages, creative concepts, and other communications products; oversee production of creative materials and associated products.
- Lead development of integrated dissemination strategies, including paid and earned media, partner outreach and engagement, thought leadership, marketing, and digital/social strategies.
- Foster great work from project teams to deliver excellent and polished outputs for all project work and deliverables.
- Contribute to agency-wide initiatives with senior team members at JPA.
- Supervise staff, including supporting professional development and mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 6+ years of communications experience, agency experience required; Master’s degree in public health or public health communications a plus.
- Proven experience leading federal health communications and social marketing projects/campaigns or major tasks for federal agencies such as HHS, CDC, SAMHSA, NIH, and FDA, among others.
- Experience leading federal business development activities including project capture and RFP/proposal preparation/writing across business and technical volumes.
- Proven track record managing, supervising, and mentoring individuals and teams.
- Experience managing and working with multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and professional manner.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience leading research, materials development, and partner outreach/engagement activities a plus.
- Experience integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in day-to-day work and group-level processes a plus.
- Passion, curiosity, and commitment to public health; experience with mental health, suicide prevention, substance use, and women’s health issues a plus.
JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.