Account Supervisor, Federal Government Practice
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications and advocacy agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech and wellness to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, and we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is currently searching for an Account Supervisor to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate for the position will have PR agency or comparable experience supporting federal health communication and social marketing projects and leading project tasks, have a strong work ethic, be a dependable team member, and be able to work well with a large, interdisciplinary team.
The successful candidate for this role is a detail-oriented, organized, and flexible communicator with experience in health communications, media relations, and national campaign development for federal agencies such as CDC, FDA, NIH, HRSA and/or SAMHSA.
- Manage day-to-day account work for projects in JPA’s federal government portfolio, leading project tasks, development of key deliverables, and budgets.
- Act as primary liaison between subcontractors, vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., coalitions, media, advocates, subject matter experts, other interest groups).
- Own development of high-quality content and materials for a wide range of digital and print channels and in all types of communications writing.
- Guide JPA’s in-house creative and production team to develop messages, creative concepts, and other communications products.
- Working with JPA’s research team to apply research findings to communication campaigns and products.
- Develop integrated dissemination strategies, including paid and earned media, partner outreach and engagement, marketing, and digital/social strategies.
- Communicate directly with clients about key project tasks and deliverables.
- Support business development efforts including technical and business volume development.
- Contribute to agency-wide initiatives with senior team members at JPA.
- Supervise staff, including supporting professional development and mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 4+ years of relevant communications experience.
- Experience managing tasks for federal health communications and social marketing projects for agencies such as CDC, FDA, NIH, HRSA and/or SAMHSA.
- Knowledge and interest in public health and topics such as mental health, suicide prevention, substance use, and chronic or infectious disease a plus.
- Experience with materials and message development, implementing social media strategy and conducting partner outreach/engagement activities.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand complex health topics and synthesize information for notes, action items, and applied findings.
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven writing and communication skills for a variety of different formats.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility and professional manner.
Why JPA Health?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever, and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, New York, NY, and London England, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.