Account Supervisor, Fed Gov
Washington, DC (Hybrid Work Schedule)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications, and advocacy agency for clients ranging from emerging biotechs to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, clients, and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is currently searching for an Account Supervisor to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate for the position will have PR agency or comparable experience supporting federal health communication and social marketing projects and leading project tasks, have a strong work ethic, be a dependable team member, and be able to work well with a large, interdisciplinary team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day account work for projects in JPA’s federal government portfolio, leading project tasks, development of key deliverables, and budgets.
- Communicate directly with clients as the main project point of contact.
- Act as primary liaison between subcontractors, vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., coalitions, media, advocates, subject matter experts, other interest groups).
- Own development of high-quality content and materials for a wide range of digital and print channels and in all types of communications writing.
- Guide JPA’s in-house creative and production team to develop messages, creative concepts, and other communications products.
- Oversee primary and secondary research, working with JPA’s research team to apply research findings to communication campaigns and products.
- Manage tasks related to media relations, crisis communications, and public relations.
- Lead development of integrated dissemination strategies, including paid and earned media, partner outreach and engagement, thought leadership, marketing, and digital/social strategies.
- Play a role in new business efforts, including proposal management, strategy development, and technical and business volume development.
- Contribute to agency-wide initiatives with senior team members at JPA.
- Supervise staff, including supporting professional development and mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 4-6 years of communications experience, agency experience preferred.
- Proven experience leading tasks for federal health communications and social marketing projects for federal agencies such as HHS, CDC, SAMHSA, FDA, DOD, or VA.
- Knowledge and interest in public health; experience with mental health, suicide prevention, substance use, and women’s health issues a plus.
- Experience managing media relations, crisis communications, and public relations activities.
- Experience leading research, materials development, and partner outreach/engagement activities a plus.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand complex health topics and synthesize information for notes, action items, and applied findings.
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven writing and communication skills for a variety of different formats.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility and professional manner.
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
JPA is the right fit for those who find meaning in their career and are as thrilled by others’ success as their own. Individuals work well both by themselves and as part of a team. Employees are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. Everyone is compassionate, creative, and curious.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, New York, NY, and London England, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.