Account Supervisor, Healthcare PR (Full-time)
Washington, DC; Boston, MA; New York, NY; (Hybrid Work Schedule)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated communications agency providing marketing, branding, creative and communications for clients ranging from emerging biotechs to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively in healthcare. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients-and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is currently searching for a bright and ambitious Account Supervisor. In this role, the Account Supervisor will serve as a day-to-day contact for their clients and drive projects from conception to completion, including developing communications materials, engaging with key stakeholders, managing events and campaigns, and supervising junior staff.
- Drive projects from conception to completion, managing timelines, project trackers, and budgets
- Lead client calls and in-person meetings
- Develop written materials, including press releases, media Q&A, social media content
- Provide constant, positive contact with key clients, keeping the client informed of account activity through accurate and timely reports
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of and passion for the client’s category, competition, brand, and business goals
- Work with client and agency colleagues to develop communications strategies and tactical plans
- Effectively manage the production of client assignments and deliverables, assuring on-time and error-free delivery; foster productive partnerships with agency specialists to get the job done
- Keep senior management briefed on account activities, financial status, emerging client issues or needs
- Foster client understanding of the agency’s needs and perspective; understand, communicate and advocate the agency point-of-view
- Articulate client requests to relevant members of the JPA team; evaluate work product from agency specialists to ensure alignment with client expectations
- Actively train and help junior account team members achieve peak performance; anticipate/address performance issues quickly and directly
- Participate in agency activities and nurture agency values and principles
- Administer client budgets based on accurate estimating and tracking of hours, out-of-pocket expenses, and reconciliation against estimates
- Alert clients when changes in direction affect cost
- Thorough knowledge of contract and its implications. Sound decision making regarding hours dedicated to jobs and client priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of all basic financial tools necessary to account management
- Storytelling, communications, and presentation skills
- Outstanding client service & relationship building
- Excellent writing skills
- Strategic thinking and marketing acumen
- Leadership & mentoring qualities
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 4 years of agency or mixed agency/in-house PR experience
- At least 2 years of experience communicating to patients and/or healthcare professionals
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate across a multi-disciplinary brand team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working on digital projects or accounts with strong digital focus
- Detail oriented mindset, demonstrated critical thinking, and a passion for healthcare communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
With offices in Washington, DC, New York City, Boston and London, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.