Internship (Paid Program) (Full-time)
Washington, DC; Remote (Hybrid Office)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA Health is currently searching for a bright and ambitious PR and/or Marketing intern for the summer. The ideal candidate for the position will be detail oriented, excel in writing, demonstrate critical thinking and possess a strong interest in pursuing a career in public relations.
Through our internship program, we seek to provide hands-on communications experience and exposure to core public relations skills, including writing, analysis, media outreach, problem-solving and critical thinking. In addition to these basic skills, our internship program is also aimed to provide participants with a better understanding of health public relations and patient advocacy engagement.
- Support day-to-day account work account team on various health communications projects, which may include maintaining the media database, coordinating events, large mailings, processing expense reports, etc.
- Monitoring and analyzing media coverage and other relevant communications vehicles for clients
- Evaluatingand analyzing information and data, including developing succinct, accurate summaries of research
- Material development, including drafting client and internal documents
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage several tasks simultaneously and work both independently and as a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to learn about the health communications in a traditional PR firm environment
- Able to commit to 30-40-hours per week for the duration of the internship
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communications
- Working towards or completed bachelor’s degree, preferred in Public Relations, Communications and/or Marketing
- Advocacy and/or healthcare experience preferred, but not required
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
With offices in Washington DC, New York, Boston and London, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.