Assistant Account Executive, Fed Gov
Washington, DC (Hybrid Work Schedule)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications, and advocacy agency for clients ranging from emerging biotechs to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, clients, and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is currently searching for an Assistant Account Executive to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate for the position will have PR agency or comparable experience supporting federal health communication projects, have a strong work ethic, be a dependable team member, and be able to work well with a large, interdisciplinary team.
- Contribute to day-to-day account work on federal health communication projects across a range of tasks, including but not limited to reporting, formative research, product/materials development, dissemination, earned media, partner outreach/engagement, and evaluation.
- Create action items and actively monitor progress of project tasks and activities.
- Draft high-quality content and materials for a range of digital and print channels.
- Support development of messages, creative concepts, and other communications products with JPA’s in-house creative and production teams.
- Work with JPA’s research team to conduct primary and secondary research, code and organize findings, and apply findings to communication campaigns and products.
- Play a role in new business efforts, including research, proposal management, and proposal writing for federal government procurements.
- Contribute to agency-wide initiatives with senior team members at JPA.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 2+ years of communications experience, agency experience preferred.
- Experience supporting health communications and social marketing projects; experience with federal agencies such as HHS, CDC, SAMHSA, FDA, DOD, or VA a plus.
- Knowledge and interest in public health; experience with mental health, suicide prevention, substance use, and women’s health issues a plus.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as a team.
- Ability to understand complex health topics and synthesize information for notes, action items, and applied findings.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven writing and communication skills for a variety of different formats.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and professional manner.
JPA Health is a great place to work!
JPA is the right fit for those who find meaning in their career and are as thrilled by others’ success as their own. Individuals work well both by themselves and as part of a team. Employees are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. Everyone is compassionate, creative, and curious.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, New York, NY, and London England, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.