Associate Creative Director (Full-time)
Washington, DC; Boston, MA; (Hybrid Work Schedule)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing creative agency for clients across Life Sciences and Public Health. As an award-winning agency, we’re hiring an experienced Creative Director to serve our clients and help us keep growing. JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
We are hiring an experienced Associate Creative Director with a portfolio demonstrating healthcare brand promotion and disease education campaigns across both digital and traditional channels.
The Associate Creative Director will work alongside the Creative Director and be responsible for managing, mentoring, and directing a team of creatives, including art directors, designers, copywriters, and video talent at various levels. The role’s essential focus is defining and translating high-level strategy, business goals, and client vision into concepts that stand apart.
- Work alongside the Creative Director and serve as the strategic creative lead on multiple brands and projects, from crafting and approval of creative briefs to leading concept development through execution.
- Help clients understand and internalize creative criteria by which the valued product is evaluated from the strategy and reasons to believe.
- Partner with account teams to ensure creative briefs are inspiring and drive creative teams to deliver great work.
- Manage and produce creative projects for print, online, event and multimedia channels while maintaining brand standards and guidelines.
- Stay abreast of an evolving industry and emerging creative trends in social, digital and technology.
- Mentor and encourage a diverse team of art directors, designers, writers, digital marketers by inspiring a positive, cooperative, and collaborative environment amongst them.
- Ensure the quality and completion of all work projects assigned to members of the creative team; report progress of projects at all major stages of their conception, creation and execution.
- Anticipate problems that may impede a project from completion on time and implement solutions.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues and external partners.
- Champion and build the agency’s creative reputation internally and externally, helping to facilitate award winning work and submissions.
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- 6+ years of experience in pharma / marketing at a mid-large size agency.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of creatives.
- Working knowledge with a variety of software programs, such as Adobe Suite, PhotoShop, InDesign, SharePoint & Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiar with new business and RFP process.
- Professional business skills, such as negotiation, project management and leadership.
Experience directing video/ audio, and clear understanding of production lifecycles.
- Must be an active listener and effectively communicate the needs of the client.
- Ability to manage change and mentor creative talent through strong agency growth.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills with keen attention to detail.
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever, and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, New York, NY, and London England, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.