Boston or Washington, DC
Remote during COVID-19 restrictions
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications and advocacy agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA Health is hiring a senior-level (5+ years) creative promotional writer with agency experience to join our fast-growing creative team. In this role you will be called upon to create compelling promotional concepts for both branded and unbranded campaigns across our integrated channels. You will report directly to the Creative Director.
To be successful in this role you should:
- Have in-depth knowledge of AMA writing style across both digital and print.
- Have experience reference/fact checking and supporting medical, regulatory and legal reviews.
- Have a portfolio that shows healthcare experience to produce both short and long-form writing (including but not limited to websites, social media, brand guidelines to both the healthcare professional and the patient).
- Be able to create hierarchical promotional messages from brand strategic imperatives.
- Have client facing experience with excellent communication skills to liaise with healthcare professionals across our client base.
- Proven to be very organized and detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining composure and professionalism under pressure.
- Possess a positive attitude in conjunction with excellent communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with project managers, designers, and editors.
- Proactive and display strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in traffic management software or project management tools.
- Ability to learn and understand the particular skills and areas of expertise of company talent to strategically assign projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of relevant experience in the field of advertising, marketing, or some other business-related field.
- Equivalent experience in the communications field, especially in traffic management or project management, will be considered.
- Oversee all brand/promotional written materials, from conception to delivery
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and timelines.
- Write original pieces and be able to pick up client references and translate into compelling promotional materials
- Be able to take existing work from an already established campaign and quickly create an inline piece with the same message platform
- Generate conceptional unique ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- The ability to shift seamlessly between traditional media (print and broadcast) and innovative digital projects
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Liaise with account and design teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- 5+ years’ work experience as a promotional or copywriter either at an agency or in-house company
- BA degree
- Agency experience preferred
- Experience in oncology and rare disease is a plus
- Portfolio of your best compelling projects. We want to see your best work and the thinking behind it
- Must have technical skills with online business technology tools for time entry, using video conferencing and annotating MS Word documents
- Strong quality control skills and attention to details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with many teams
- Experience working in digital UI/UX is a bonus
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered.
Why JPA Health?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.