Washington, DC (Hybrid Office)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger. Check out our sizzle reel! https://vimeo.com/432630715/f9d859d24b
JPA is seeking an HR Generalist or Senior Human Resources Coordinator with 4 years minimum of experience. The Human Resources Generalist is an essential member of the HR team, providing support for the department with various tasks including it running day-to-day functions, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. This position must maintain the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employees, employee records, payroll documents, projects, paperwork and Human Resources information This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service to the staff.
- Provide support to the Senior Director, Human Resources
- Provide HR support to employees on payroll, benefits including enrollment, and day-to-day questions, and PTO tracking.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, and more.
- Supports the Sr. HR Director in employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Assist in the full cycle performance review process
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs. Ensure that people-changes are communicated effectively throughout the organization as needed (e.g., new hires, terminations); owner of notification process, coordinate the administration of benefits and exit interviews when people leave the company
- Assist in compensation benchmarking and development of career ladders, salary banding/salary structure development to ensure company is consistent across all functions
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain relationship with PEO vendor.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- A key member of the Operations team that promotes JPA’s values and has a visible presence in the organization (i.e., develop recognition programs designed to support our vision, mission and values)
- Conduct Ad-hoc duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree, additional HR training or certifications a plus
- 4 years’ minimum experience in a Human Resources support or coordinator role
- Experience working with human resource information systems and able to use Excel to generate reports.
- Experience working with databases required. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience running payroll reports and communicating benefit plans
- Strong communication, influence, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively, including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Must have a strong sense of customer service and be able to follow-up on multiple issues
- Must be able to work as part of a team and have a can do attitude
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand agency needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Tech savvy a plus
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, compassionate, and creative.
With offices in Washington DC, New York, Boston and London, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.