Human Resources Coordinator (Full-time)
Washington, DC (Hybrid Work Schedule)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator with 2 years’ minimum experience to support a variety of human resources functions with an emphasis in payroll and benefits. This person will focus on supporting the continuous improvement of payroll and benefits business processes; monitoring employee life cycle of payroll, compensation, and benefit process; providing internal communications and interactions related to payroll and benefits. Success in this role requires a continuous process improvement approach, excellent organizational, prioritization and interpersonal skills, be a team player, be knowledgeable of payroll compliance regulations, and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Serve as liaison for agency PEO and manage vendor relationship.
- Primary responsibility for supporting the preparing and processing of semi-monthly payroll to include verifying timekeeping data, processing changes to earnings, deductions and benefits, and ensuring that payroll system records are accurately recorded and cross-checked, with limited oversight from HR Manager.
- Maintains accurate and up-to date human resource files, records, and documentation and maintains the integrity and confidentiality of HR records and files. Manages I-9 process by ensuring appropriate documents are used, maintains records and audits for accuracy.
- Responsible for day-to-day benefits and payroll administration, including payroll, benefits, HR, corporate policies and procedures, paid time off issues, leave issues, enrollments, terminations, and changes. Escalate issues as appropriate to Sr HR Director. Responds to routine inquiries within this list.
- Assist Sr HR Director with annual benefits renewal and open enrollment process and communications as appropriate.
- Completes monthly payroll financial reconciliations and related reporting. Assist in year-end financial statement audits.
- Completes reconciliation of 401K processing, matching and related funding as well as prepare and assist in annual 401K audits.
- Monitor and maintain the front office coordination along with the Office Administrator Maintain compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Coordinates HR projects and staff communication channels for accuracy including master employee list / contact list / email distro lists (monthly birthday/anniversary recognition, HR newsletter, etc.).
- Manage vendor contracts and relationships across all agency partners to include copiers, kitchen facilities, and branded materials.
- Coordinate the training and onboarding into the agency’s performance management system.
- Research and analyze data for special projects and policy development as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree, additional HR training or certifications a plus.
- 2 years’ minimum experience in a Human Resources support or coordinator role.
- Experience working with human resource information systems and able to use Excel to generate reports. Experience working with databases required. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication, influence, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively, including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have a strong sense of customer service and be able to follow-up on multiple issues.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and have a can-do attitude.
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand agency needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Tech savvy a plus.
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, compassionate, and creative.
With offices in Washington DC, New York, Boston and London, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.