Research Manager (Full-time)
Washington DC/Remote (hybrid work schedule)
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications, and advocacy agency for clients exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. Some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, clients, and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. We push ourselves to think bigger, be better and do more.
Check out our sizzle reel here!
JPA is hiring a Research Scientist/Manager to join our growing Research and Insights team. The Research Manager will manage research projects supporting the federal government, life sciences and public health clients. The Research Manager will design and oversee the implementation of research projects and be responsible for designing data collection instruments, analyzing the results, and providing strategic recommendations.
The Research Manager should have experience in the design and management of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, including surveys, in-depth interviews, focus groups, and online discussion boards. Formative and evaluative research experience with audiences including patients, healthcare professionals, and the general public is essential for this position. Candidates should also have experience developing actionable insights, guiding engagement strategies, and managing complex projects.
The results of research at JPA are used to train Gretel Trails, JPA’s AI insight development tool. The Research Manager will coordinate with Research & Insights team colleagues to ensure that the output of research is machine-readable to support this effort.
- Manage the design and execution of quantitative and qualitative research projects.
- Development of analysis and recommendations based on the research findings.
- Act as a liaison between clients, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., media, patient advocates, medical experts, other interest groups).
- Demonstrate sound financial management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects, minimizing write-offs and account over-servicing, aiding collection of receivables and ensuring team billability/revenue targets are met.
- Supervise junior staff on various account projects and activities.
- Master’s degree or higher preferable but not essential if experienced.
- 5 – 10 years of experience, including significant experience managing research/analytics projects, in the public relations/marketing/communications industry.
- Proven research management (i.e., design, planning and implementation) and report writing skills.
- Healthcare communications (pharma/biotech, oncology, rare disease) and/or patient advocacy experience preferred.
- Commitment to ensure that historically underrepresented groups are included in research.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility, and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage several tasks simultaneously and work both independently and as a team.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
More About JPA Health
JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.