Senior Account Executive (Full-time)
Washington, DC / Remote
JPA Health is hiring!
If you want to work at one of the top, mid-sized global agencies, on a mission to make the world healthier, then JPA Health is the place for you! We’re public relations, advocacy, and marketing all rolled into one brilliant bundle.
With offices in Washington, D.C., Boston, New York, and London, JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger. Check out our sizzle reel! https://vimeo.com/432630715/f9d859d24b
JPA is currently searching for a Senior Account Executive to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate for the position will be a dependable team player with initiative, have a strong work ethic, and be able to work well with a large team.
The successful candidate will marry traditional PR, public health, communications, and creative agency experience; be a self-starter comfortable with rolling up their sleeves; help with new business opportunities; and serve as task lead on a range of communications campaigns. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day account work, which may include drafting a wide range of written materials, leading traditional and social media relations outreach, developing client content, including contributed articles, marketing materials, press releases, media pitches and digital/social content
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Manage the execution of PR, marketing and advocacy programs and campaigns, community outreach and partnership programs, thought-leadership, data communications, policy programs, patient programs, new product launches, events, and other initiatives
- Produce high-quality written content and demonstrate proficiency in all types of communications writing
- Support agency new business with creative brainstorming, research, and presentation writing
- Demonstrate sound fiscal management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects
- Work with senior leaders to help with the implementation of PR, marketing, communications, and advocacy strategy and lead the team on pre-determined aspects of client campaigns
- Involvement in new business efforts, including research, strategy development, proposal writing and attending new business pitches
- Opportunity to supervise staff including professional development and mentoring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior agency experience: (3 – 5 years)
- Proven media relations, PR, strategy, and creative marketing skills
- Health communications experience (supporting non-profits, medical societies, and/or the Federal government a plus)
- Experience with health equity and/or community-based programs, including practiced experience communicating with specific cultural audience groups through developing messaging, partnerships, and outreach programs to authentically and effectually engage communities
- Experience writing and developing materials for consumer and professional audiences
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility, and professional manner
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for public health communications
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, compassionate, and creative.
With offices in Washington DC, New York, Boston and London, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.