Senior Account Executive, Non-Profit (Full-time)
Washington, DC; (Hybrid Work Schedule)
JPA Health is hiring!
If you want to work at a global agency on a mission to make the world healthier, then JPA Health is the place for you! We’re public relations, advocacy and marketing all rolled into one brilliant bundle. We’re not the biggest, but we’re one of the top agencies focused on healthcare. Our offices are right in the middle of everything in Washington DC, Boston and London.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger. JPA is currently searching for a Senior Account Executive to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate for the position will be a dependable team player with initiative, have a strong work ethic, and be able to work well with a large team.
The successful candidate will marry healthcare, nonprofit, traditional PR and creative agency experience, be a self-starter comfortable with rolling up their sleeves, and working to develop new business opportunities, craft client proposals and develop pitches, and serve as task lead on a range of communications campaigns. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day account work, which may include drafting a wide range of written materials, leading traditional and social media relations outreach, developing client content, including contributed articles, marketing materials, press releases, media pitches and digital/social content
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Manage the execution of PR, marketing and advocacy programs and campaigns, thought-leadership, data communications, policy programs, patient programs, new product launches, events and other initiatives
- Produce high-quality written content and demonstrate proficiency in all types of communications writing
- Support agency new business with creative brainstorming, research and presentation writing
- Demonstrate sound financial management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects
- Work with senior leaders to help with the implementation of PR, marketing, communications and advocacy strategy and lead the team on pre-determined aspects of client campaigns
- Involvement in new business efforts, including research, strategy development, proposal writing and attending new business pitches
- Opportunity to supervise staff including professional development and mentoring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior agency experience: (3 – 5 years)
- Proven media relations skills, advocacy relations, PR, strategy and creative marketing and strategy skills
- Health communications experience (non-profits, medical societies, patient advocacy experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communications
- Travel may be required for this position (about 10% of time)
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.