Senior Copywriter, HCP/DTC Marketing (Full-time)
Washington, DC; Boston, MA; Remote (Hybrid Work Schedule)
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications and advocacy agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech and wellness to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, and we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA Health is hiring a senior-level (5+ years) HCP copywriter with pharmaceutical healthcare agency experience to join our fast-growing creative team. In this role you will be called upon to create compelling promotional concepts for both branded and unbranded campaigns for our life sciences clients across our integrated channels. You will report directly to the EVP, Creative Director.
To be successful in this role you should:
- Generate unique and ownable conceptual ideas based on insight driven creative strategy to drive branded advertising, unbranded disease education and services.
- Have a portfolio that shows healthcare experience to produce both short and long-form writing (including but not limited to websites, social media, digital media assets, collateral, sales aids to healthcare professionals. Patient/consumer experience is a bonus.)
- Be able to create hierarchical promotional messaging in a highly regulated category
- Have client facing experience with excellent communication skills to liaise with healthcare professionals across our client base.
- Have experience reference/fact checking and supporting medical, regulatory and legal reviews.
- Create HCP brand/promotional written materials, from concept to execution
- Ability to comprehend, summarize, and translate clinical data into compelling HCP promotional materials and communications
- Reference and annotate HCP communications
- Juggle multiple projects and timelines
- Write derivative communications from an established campaign
- Shift seamlessly between traditional media (print and broadcast) and digital projects
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Liaise with account and design teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay current with industry developments and tools
- 5+ years’ work experience as an HCP promotional copywriter at a marketing agency
- BA degree preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in oncology and rare disease is a plus
- Portfolio of your most compelling work and the thinking behind it
- Must have technical skills with online business technology tools for time entry, using video conferencing and annotating MS Word documents
- Strong quality control skills and attention to details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with many teams
- Experience working in digital UI/UX is a bonus
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application.
Why JPA Health?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever, and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, New York, NY, and London England, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.