Senior Copywriter, Marketing (Full Time)
Washington, DC; Boston, MA or Remote (hybrid work schedule)
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications and advocacy agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech and wellness to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, and we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA Health is hiring a senior-level (5+ years) copywriter with agency experience to join our fast-growing creative team. In this role you will be called upon to create compelling promotional concepts for both branded and unbranded campaigns across our integrated channels. You will report directly to the EVP, Creative Director.
To be successful in this role you should:
- Generate unique and ownable conceptual ideas based on insight driven creative strategy to drive branded advertising, unbranded disease education and services.
- Have a portfolio that shows healthcare experience to produce both short and long-form writing (including but not limited to websites, social media, digital media assets, collateral, sales aids to both the healthcare professional and the patient).
- Be able to create hierarchical promotional messaging in a highly regulated category
- Have client facing experience with excellent communication skills to liaise with healthcare professionals across our client base.
- Have experience reference/fact checking and supporting medical, regulatory and legal reviews.
- Create brand/promotional written materials, from concept to execution
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and timelines.
- Write original pieces and be able to pick up client references and translate into compelling promotional materials
- Be able to take existing work from an already established campaign and quickly create an inline piece with the same message platform
- The ability to shift seamlessly between traditional media (print and broadcast) and innovative digital projects
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Liaise with account and design teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- 5+ years’ work experience as a promotional or copywriter at a marketing agency
- BA degree preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in oncology and rare disease is a plus
- Portfolio of your best compelling projects. We want to see your best work and the thinking behind it
- Must have technical skills with online business technology tools for time entry, using video conferencing and annotating MS Word documents
- Strong quality control skills and attention to details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with many teams
- Experience working in digital UI/UX is a bonus
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered.
Why JPA Health?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever, and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, New York, NY, and London England, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status