Washington, DC (Remote during COVID-19 restrictions)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making
people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger. Check out our sizzle reel! https://vimeo.com/432630715/f9d859d24b
JPA is seeking a Senior Accountant with four – six years of accounting experience in a professional service setting. The Senior Accountant is an essential member of the Finance and Accounting team, reporting to the Finance Director, and providing support to the COO and Account Professionals.
- Oversee project accounting in Deltek ERP system: timekeeping, expense reporting, user management, and project setup/tracking
- Assist with implementation and ongoing enhancement of Deltek ERP system
- Maintain General Ledger and oversee month-end close process
- Process project adjustments, reallocations, and write-offs
- Work alongside Account Professionals to develop understanding of processes, ensure accuracy of financial performance, and secure project records and documentation
- Assist Finance Director and COO with preparation of financial reports and ad-hoc projects
- Oversee day-to-day activities of the Staff Accountant and build accounting team in anticipation of continued company growth
- Gather support (i.e., invoices, proof of payment, timesheets) for external auditors
- Prepare monthlyinvoices for time and material, retainer, fixed fee, and intercompany projects
- Maintain receivables schedule, process cash receipts, and research payment issues
- Maintain monthly revenue tracker and report on project profitability
- Process and matchfreelancer invoices/purchase orders, as well as assist with weekly check/ACH run
- Process and reconcile the company’s corporate credit cards
- Process employee expense reports and calculate semi-monthly reimbursement
- Bachelor’s Degree, CPA preferred
- Four + years of related accounting experience in a professional service setting
- Experience working with ERP systems and processing general ledger transactions
- Experience processingproject time and expense, as well as receivables and payables
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, including advanced Excel aptitude(e. lookups, pivot tables, formula logic, etc.)
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively, including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Strong sense of customer service and be pro-active on addressing multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Desire to grow with JPA and pursue upward mobility within the department
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.