Senior Vice President, Fed Gov Practice (Full-time)
Washington, DC (Hybrid Work Schedule)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications, and advocacy agency for clients ranging from emerging biotechs to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, clients, and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA is currently searching for a Senior Vice President to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. Our Senior Vice President will have prior PR agency or comparable experience, be a seasoned and dependable project director who can proactively bring fresh ideas to clients and team, and have experience leading a portfolio of federal health communication and social marketing campaigns for federal agencies such as HHS, CDC, SAMHSA, NIH, and FDA, among others. As a senior member of JPA’s Federal Government Team, they will be a decision-maker to help shape the direction of the Federal Government Practice and play a leadership role in its growth and team culture.
- Provide strategic oversight and leadership for a portfolio of projects with cross-functional teams.
- Oversee all project management, reporting, contracting, and financial/budget requirements for owned projects; assume responsibility for meeting all project deliverables.
- Demonstrate sound fiscal management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects and monthly forecasting of staff time across projects.
- Strategize and lead the development and submission of technical and business proposals in response to federal health project opportunities.
- Establish and own client relationships with key federal health agencies.
- Act as a primary liaison between subcontractors, vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., coalitions, media, advocates, subject matter experts, other interest groups).
- Produce high-quality content and materials for a wide range of digital and print channels and in all types of communications writing.
- Provide constructive and strategic feedback to project teams on written products, project deliverables, and other materials.
- Guide JPA’s in-house creative and production team to develop messages, creative concepts, and other communications products; oversee production of creative materials and associated products.
- Foster great work from project teams to deliver excellent and polished outputs for all project work and deliverables.
- Contribute to agency-wide initiatives with senior team members at JPA.
- Supervise staff, including supporting professional development and mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 10+ years of communications experience, agency experience required; Master’s degree in public health or public health communications a plus.
- Proven experience leading a portfolio of federal health communications and social marketing projects/campaigns for federal agencies such as HHS, CDC, SAMHSA, FDA, NIH, or VA among others.
- Proven track record managing integrated social marketing and public awareness campaigns, including overseeing formative research, product development and testing, dissemination, media relations, crisis communications, partnership, and evaluation activities.
- Experience leading federal business development activities including project capture and RFP/proposal preparation/writing across business and technical volumes.
- Proven track record managing, supervising, and mentoring individuals and teams.
- Experience managing and working with multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and professional manner.
- Experience integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion practices inday-to-day work and group-level processes.
- Passion, curiosity, and commitment to public health; experience with mental health, suicide prevention, substance use, and women’s health issues a plus.
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever, and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, New York, NY, and London England, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.