Vice President, Life Sciences (Full-time)
Washington, DC, Boston, MA (Hybrid Work Schedule)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, communications, and advocacy agency for clients exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. Some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, clients, and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
JPA Health is seeking a dynamic and experienced Vice President to lead and manage the agency’s life science clients. The ideal candidate for this is adept at managing the client relationship, overseeing execution and driving strategy development. Success in this role requires a sense of comfort with ambiguity, creative problem-solving skills, accountability to manage programs successfully through launch and beyond, plus exceptional communication skills to manage and grow client relationships.
- Lead account work for one or more life science clients, managing all aspects of the client relationship and ensuring high quality, on-time, compassionate client service.
- Manage all facets of account work, ensuring the right specialists are engaged in the right work for your clients.
- Provide strategic counsel to advance client objectives; keep senior leadership informed and bring them in when necessary.
- Lead the creation and execution of comprehensive communication strategies and programs on behalf of life science clients.
- Manage and mentor staff in an environment of support and growth.
- Oversee client budgets and budget tracking.
- Participate in new business efforts with responsibility for program development.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience agency or mix of agency/client-side experience.
- Pharma/biotech/medtech experience required.
- Excellent writing skills; strong presentation skills.
- Team and budget management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as a team.
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment.
- Detail oriented, tech savvy, critical thinker with a passion for healthcare.
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever, and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, New York, NY, and London England, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.