Full time; Washington, DC (Remote during COVID-19 restrictions)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
Check out our sizzle reel!
JPA is currently searching for a Vice President to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate for the position will be a dependable team player with initiative, have a strong work ethic, and be able to work well with a large team. The successful candidate will marry healthcare/life science traditional PR/advocacy and creative agency experience, be a self-starter comfortable with rolling up their sleeves, and working to develop new business opportunities, craft client proposals and develop pitches, and serve as task lead on a range of communications campaigns. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own client relationships and development of results-focused PR, marketing and advocacy strategies/programs, and identify opportunities to build client visibility in its target business communities that align with their overall business goals
- Demonstrate a robust understanding of the roles and metrics of other communication channels, especially digital, and have an ability to lead integrated efforts
- Shape, direct and manage the execution of PR, marketing and advocacy programs and campaigns, thought-leadership, data communications, patient programs, new product launches, policy programs, events and other initiatives
- Build partnerships and relationships with top-tier media contacts, influencers, and industry leaders on a local, regional, and national level
- Manage account teams in the execution of all programs and assume accountability for meeting all program deliverables.
- Supervise staff including professional development and mentoring
- Establish and drive new business pipeline by identifying and leveraging new agency revenue opportunities for organic growth, as well as playing key roles on incoming new biz leads and RFPs.
- Collaborate and Partner with Managing Director and other senior team members at JPA on new business, client programs and agency-wide initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior agency experience: (7 – 10 years)
- Proven media, advocacy relations, PR, strategy and creative marketing skills
- Health communications experience (pharma/biotech, medical societies, non-profits, patient advocacy experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as a team
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communications
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, and London England, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.