Boston, MA (Remote during COVID-19 restrictions)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
Check out our sizzle reel! https://vimeo.com/432630715/f9d859d24b
JPA is seeking a bright and ambitious Vice President that is interested in working in our Boston office. The successful candidate has strong advocacy experience and will marry healthcare science and traditional PR experience. This candidate is a self-starter comfortable in developing new business opportunities, crafting client proposals and pitches, and serving as task lead on a range of communications campaigns.
- Own a comprehensive advocacy engagement strategy, client relationships, and development of results-focused PR/marketing programs that identify opportunities to build client visibility in its target business communities aligning with their overall business goals
- Demonstrate a robust understanding of the roles and metrics of other communication channels, especially digital, and have an ability to lead integrated efforts
- Strategize, shape, and direct the execution of marketing programs and campaigns, data communications, patient programs, new product launches, policy programs, events and other initiatives
- Build partnerships and relationships with top-tier media contacts, influencers, and industry leaders on a local, regional, and national level
- Manage account teams in the execution of all programs and assume accountability for meeting all program deliverables.
- Establish and drive new business pipeline by identifying and leveraging new agency revenue opportunities for organic growth, as well as playing key roles on incoming new biz leads and RFPs.
- Collaborate with Managing Director and other senior team members at JPA on new business, client programs and agency-wide initiatives.
- Supervise staff including professional development and mentoring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior agency experience: (7 – 10 years)
- Proven advocacy relations skills, PR skills, strategy and marketing communication skills
- Health communications experience (pharma/biotech, oncology, rare disease experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as a team
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Be detail oriented, tech savvy, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communication
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC and Boston MA, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.