Vice President, Fed Gov
JPA is currently searching for a Vice President to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate for the position will be a seasoned project manager, have a strong work ethic, and be able to work well with and lead a large team.
The successful candidate for this role is a strategist and execution lead with experience developing, testing, and launching national federal health communications campaigns. As a part of JPA’s Public Health Team, you will help shape the direction of the Federal Government Practice and play a leadership role in its growth.
This position requires an exceptionally organized communicator. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead account teams and oversee day-to-day account work and projects across JPA’s federal government and nonprofit portfolio.
- Oversee all project management, reporting, contracting, and financial/budget requirements; assume responsibility for meeting all project deliverables.
- Guide primary and secondary research, including reviewing research instruments and working with JPA’s research team to apply research findings to communication campaigns.
- Work with JPA’s in-house creative and production team to develop messages, creative concepts, and other communications products. Oversee production of creative materials and associated products.
- Develop integrated dissemination strategies, including paid and earned media, thought leadership, marketing, and digital/social strategies.
- Review and produce high-quality written content and demonstrate proficiency in all types of communications writing. Provide feedback to project teams on written products.
- Act as a liaison between client, subcontractors, vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., coalitions, healthcare providers, media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups).
- Establish and help drive new business pipeline by identifying and leveraging agency revenue opportunities for organic growth, as well as playing key roles on incoming new business leads and RFPs.
- Lead the development and submission of technical and business proposals in response to federal health project opportunities.
- Demonstrate sound fiscal management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects and monthly forecasting of staff time across projects.
- Supervise staff, including supporting professional development and mentoring.
- Collaborate and partner with senior team members at JPA on client programs and agency-wide initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 7+ years of communications experience, agency experience preferred.
- Experience leading federal health communications and social marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge and interest in public health; experience with mental health, suicide prevention, and substance use preferred.
- Experience working with and communicating to healthcare audiences and professionals, as well as the general public.
- Proven track-record managing integrated social marketing and public awareness campaigns, including overseeing formative research, product development and testing, dissemination, and evaluation activities.
- Previous experience of managing, supervising or mentoring others
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for public health communications.
- Experience with business development activities including capture work and proposal preparation.
With offices in Washington DC, New York, Boston and London, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger. Check out our sizzle reel here.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.