Senior Account Manager/Account Director – Policy & Advocacy (Full Time)
Belgium or London, UK-based
Fluent English essential and fluent French desirable
Competitive salary plus healthcare and pension benefits
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
Check out our sizzle reel! https://vimeo.com/432630715/f9d859d24b
JPA is currently seeking a Senior Account Manager/ Account Director with proven public affairs, government affairs and advocacy (patient advocate engagement) relations skills, strong writing ability and excellent project management skills. The applicant should be detail oriented, an excellent writer, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess experience working in healthcare and client management. The position also requires effective time management and the ability to oversee multiple projects and junior staff. European Parliament and/or working with Think Tanks experience desirable. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading and managing day-to-day account work and being responsible for overall project management of public affairs, patient advocacy, stakeholder engagement and/or policy/government affairs programmes.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects and deadlines
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e.. policy makers, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Coaching, supervising and managing other team members to deliver account programmes
- Developing written materials (e.g. white-papers, reports), coordinating events and policy stakeholder identification & engagement
- Experience of parliamentary events, coalitions and roundtables.
- EU Parliament and relationship networks experience desirable, but not essential.
- Significant involvement in new business efforts, including research, strategy development, proposal writing and attending new business pitches
- Provide significant client counsel, run client meetings, and provide high-level input on strategy; interacting with senior and C-level executives
- Demonstrate sound financial management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects
- Experience in rare disease policy an advantage, but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferable but not essential if experienced
- Prior agency or relevant in-house experience: (4 – 6 years)
- Proven policy, government affairs, advocacy and report and /or‘white-paper’ writing skills
- Health communications experience
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communications
- Fluent English and French desirable (added languages considered a bonus but not essential)
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, compassionate and creative.
With offices in Washington DC, New York, Boston and London, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.