Account Manager– Public Relations /Advocacy (Full Time)
Competitive salary plus healthcare and pension benefits
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger. Check out our sizzle reel! https://vimeo.com/432630715/f9d859d24b
JPA is currently searching for an Account Manager to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the London office. The ideal candidate for the position will be a dependable team player with initiative, have a strong work ethic, and be able to work well with a team environment.
The successful candidate will have experience in healthcare/life science in PR, scientific communications, medical education and/or advocacy and experience and be a self-starter comfortable with rolling up their sleeves, and working to develop new business opportunities, craft client proposals and develop pitches, and serve as task lead on a range of communications campaigns or projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day account work, which may include drafting a wide range of written materials, leading traditional and social media relations outreach, developing client content, including contributed articles, marketing materials, press releases, media pitches and digital/social content
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Manage the execution of PR, marketing and advocacy programs and campaigns, thought-leadership, data communications, policy programs, patient programs, new product launches, events and other initiatives
- Produce high-quality written content and demonstrate proficiency in all types of communications writing
- Demonstrate sound financial management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects
- Work with senior leaders to help with the implementation of PR, marketing and advocacy strategy and lead the team on pre-determined aspects of client campaigns
- Significant involvement in new business efforts, including research, strategy development, proposal writing and attending new business pitches
- Supervise staff including professional development and mentoring
- Provide significant client counsel, run client meetings, and provide high-level input on strategy; interacting with senior and C-level executives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferable but not essential if experienced
- Prior agency or relevant in-house experience: (4 – 6 years)
- Proven media, advocacy relations, PR, strategy and report writing skills
- Health communications experience
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communications
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, compassionate and creative.
With offices in Washington DC, New York, Boston and London, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.