Washington, DC (Remote during COVID-19 restrictions)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger. Check out our sizzle reel!
JPA is seeking a solution-oriented Finance Director to act as a business partner to the Account, Project Management and Creative Teams. They will be a trusted advisor on evaluating and reporting issues that require corrective action on both Profit/Loss and the Balance Sheet for the agency. They will provide financial clarity, ensure business processes are adhered to and that the agency is meeting its financial goals. The Finance Director will lead the Agency Finance team, report to the Agency COO, and will work closely with internal Account teams and external Clients to grow the Agency business as well as mitigate business risks through improved visibility and financial control.
- Lead Finance Team for the Agency.
- Lead and train the Account and Finance Team on how to maintain internal revenue tracker and drive monthly revenue review process.
- Work with Agency Principal, COO, and executive team to create agency KPI’s to help determine the annual budget for the Agency, as well updated budgets throughout the year.
- Drive effort in simplifying internal financial processes with the goals of clarity and actionable business insights in mind.
- Own the management of the monthly financial reports (employee utilization, Over/under service, missing time, Actual/Forecast) as well as communication of information to proper Agency stakeholders.
- Create and drive reports that help identify areas of improvement across accounts; suggest improvements.
- Lead weekly vendor payable report and vendor payment.
- Lead Agency client revenue recognition, including journal entries.
- Lead the process of incoming cash receipts.
- Drive cross functional staff training on internal and/or external systems and procedures.
- Provide support to external and internal auditors during Annual Audit.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with 7+ years of experience.
- Professional services industry experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems (examples; Deltek, SAP, Maconomy) and Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Deep understanding of financial accounting, P&L, Balance Sheet Management, and revenue recognition methodologies.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively mentor and manage the finance team.
- Consulting & client service-oriented mindset and ability to foster positive working relationships both externally and internally.
- Strong financial analysis and planning skills; demonstrated strong business acumen.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- CPA or public accounting experience is a plus.
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.