Graphic Design Intern (Full Time)
Washington, DC (Remote during COVID-19 restrictions)
JPA Health is Hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health sector. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
Check out our sizzle reel!
JPA Health is currently searching for a Graphic Design Intern with the necessary skills to assist our team with design and creative strategy that leverages industry-leading techniques and creative ideas. This intern is expected to work closely with the Creative Team in tandem with the Digital & Accounts Teams on a variety of projects for clients in a diverse range of fields. They will refine their design skills and learn about graphic design, motion media and web development in a fast-paced environment. Interns are given opportunities to develop unique projects that stand out in their portfolio.
Through our internship program, we seek to provide hands-on communications experience and exposure to core public relations skills, including writing, analysis, media outreach, problem-solving and critical thinking. In addition to these basic skills, our internship program is also aimed to provide participants with a better understanding of healthcare public relations and advocacy communications.
• Support day-to-day account work account team on various health communications projects
• Evaluating and analyzing information and data, including developing succinct, accurate summaries of research
• Material development, including drafting client and internal documents
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
• Passion to create innovative designs for web and print campaigns
• Strong fundamental design skills as demonstrated through your portfolio
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and the Adobe Creative Suite for digital and print design
(InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop — anything else is a perk!)
• Excellent research, analytical and software skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Interest in emerging web and digital technologies
• Able to commit to 40-hours per week for the duration of the internship
• Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for health communications
• Working towards or completed bachelor’s degree, preferred in Public Relations, Communications and/or Marketing
• Advocacy and/or healthcare experience preferred, but not required
Is JPA Health the Right Fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.