Washington, DC (Remote during COVID-19 restrictions)
JPA Health is hiring!
JPA Health is a fully integrated advertising, marketing, branding and creative agency for clients ranging from emerging biotech’s to established pharmaceutical companies. We work exclusively within the health space. We share our clients’ commitment to making people healthier. In fact, some might say we are obsessed with improving and protecting lives.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger. Check out our sizzle reel!
JPA is seeking an Staff Accountant with one to two years of accounting experience in a professional service setting. The Accounting Assistant is an essential member of the Finance team, providing support for the department with various tasks including Accounts Payable, Financial Reporting and General Finance Support. This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service to the agency staff.
- Process vendors and freelancer invoices and work on weekly check run
- Process freelancers time in timekeeping system
- Maintain timekeeping system; creating new users, new projects, roles
- Send employee expense reports semi-monthly to HR for processing
- Assist Finance team in preparation of financial reports
- Assist with processing of incoming cash receipts
- Scanning, filing, and organizing documents
- Support the purchase order process
- Match vendor invoices to the purchase orders
- Research payment issues
- Provide support to external and internal auditors during Annual Audit
- Pull copier totals and input into accounting system
- Assist with new hires on-boarding
- Work with account professionals to secure new vendor paperwork, create new vendors
- Correspond with external vendors when necessary
- Process and reconcile the company’s corporate credit card(s)
- Train account staff on time and expense entry and purchase order process
- Pull Billing Reports and assisting the Finance team with client billings
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparing client invoices monthly
- Work on Accounts Receivables collections
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Assist the finance and operations team with ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One or more years of related finance work experience in a professional service setting
- Experience working with Excel. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Strong communication, influence, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively, including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills and be deadline driven
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Must have a strong sense of customer service and be able to follow-up on multiple issues
- Must be able to work as part of a team
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
Located in Washington DC, Boston MA, and London England, JPA Health provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce. JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.