Everything You Need to Know About JPA Health’s Public Health Practice
This year’s National Public Health Week sparked robust, thoughtful conversations about the current state—and future—of public health. While the COVID-19 pandemic has been a harsh reminder about why public health matters (and why more investment is needed), it also has put a spotlight on the stark health inequities in underserved communities that have long been engrained in our health care system. These conversations matter, and this crisis may be creating a moment that moves us from complacency to action. We are excited about joining the discussion about what we can do next, together, to build the healthiest nation.
At JPA Health, we believe in the power of evidence-based, audience-centric and culturally appropriate communications to improve population health and promote health equity. Our Public Health Practice supports government agencies and organizations seeking to prevent disease, reduce health disparities, and improve the health and wellbeing of all people and communities. Since our founding, we have partnered with a spectrum of stakeholders to advance this mission through public health education, health care professional support, and community engagement. Many of us have worked for decades either alongside or within these organizations on critical public health issues, such as the social determinants of health (SDOH), chronic disease prevention, or the importance of vaccinations, and we are committed to continue supporting these efforts across our growing roster of clients.
If you haven’t worked with us yet, we invite you to learn more. Since we all love listicles, here’s my latest with the top reasons to work with JPA Health on public health communications:
- Our team comes to work every day because of a genuine dedication to improving the public’s health, which includes a significant expertise and interest in both public health and health equity efforts. Plus, our agency focuses solely on health, meaning we can build on our breadth of experience and audience data to inform program development and outreach to support each client’s needs.
- We were recently awarded a contract on the GSA Schedule for public relations, marketing and advertising. We are ready to grow our relationship with federal agencies on health communication efforts to share evidence-based information and drive behavior change. And, as a woman-owned small business, we are eager to partner with other agencies to join forces and support these important efforts.
- JPA Health’s experience working with government agencies spans a decade, including current projects with NIH’s All of Us Research Program, the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health and the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control. In addition, many members of our team have worked within HHS, CMS, and the White House, while others have created and implemented varied communication initiatives on behalf of NIH, CDC, SAMHSA, HRSA, and others.
- We also have long-standing relationships with nonprofit organizations, associations, and foundations, working to support public health communications as well as corporate communications needs. From public education campaigns on diabetes, thought leadership on access to birth control, or efforts to increase access to care for people with chronic kidney disease—which disproportionately impacts underserved communities of color, we collaborate with organizations large and small to create strategic, tailored communications initiatives. Further, with support from our International team, we’ve led a number of award-winning public health campaigns with global reach. Find examples of our work here.
- Our approach to research stands out from the crowd. Our powerful research platform, GRETEL®, helps us better understand audiences, create customized communications strategies and measure our impact by identifying the most influential voices for an audience or topic. GRETEL offers a large collection of real-world data on how to reach healthcare influencers, and it is dynamic – it continues to build and provide even greater value each time we use it.
- We are a full-service, integrated agency. Our team of PR, marketing, and creative experts work together seamlessly—from traditional media outreach to paid advertising to the latest in digital influence. Plus, we leverage our deep industry experience—including understanding of the science and how to translate it into actionable messaging—to apply best practices in healthcare marketing to the public and nonprofit sector.
- We know how and where to reach health professionals with evidence-based information and patient education resources, thanks to our in-house research team and from years of working with professional associations.
- Last, but not least, we make a good partner. Many of our clients consider us part of their internal communications teams, and our client satisfaction scores remain high year after year. We are an independent agency that provides hands-on support to those who share our passion to helping others and contributing to the greater good.
Our team is passionate about and dedicated to public health communications, and we’re always looking for opportunities to continue this good work. If you’d like to learn more about JPA Health, get in touch with me at email@example.com. Let’s talk about how we can work together!